When I first saw what the challenge was going to be for today, I didn’t quite know what it meant to list five ways to win my heart. I mean, it could be several things like for instance, it could mean as for a relationship, a friend, yeah I stumped. So, here is what I’ll do, I just randomly just write what I feel a person could win my heart. I wonder, will this turn out to be a love connection of some kind? Maybe or maybe not. I just thought I just throw that in there just in case the Universe is listening. Then again…hold on Universe…don’t start yet.
Now that is cleared, the challenge is to list the five ways a person or alien, whatever you are- no demons, could win my heart. Ahem.
- Be Authentic. There is something so beautiful and profound about a person who is naturally this way without being this way for selfish or greedy reasons. When authenticity is present, it gives the person the chance to choose whether they want to rock with you or not. I don’t like being rob of my chance of getting to someone just to find out later after I invested time and energy that the person was someone totally different. Allow me to get to know you; the REAL you. Don’t feel like you have to hide your true self, or keep secrets, or lie to win me over. I will see through you and it will make me question everything. After going through a lot in the past, it has made me feel that I needed to place a gate around my heart with a security code just to protect it. And it has left me to take my time as necessary.
- Honesty, Respectability, Trustworthy, and Loyalty. It’s doesn’t matter if a person is dating, are friends, or what have you, these four rolls together because they are so important. I feel that if a person can’t or won’t have four then all is lost to me. It’s a must. I have given people the HRTL and had gotten my heart feeling like it had gone through the shredder. I felt foolish thinking that people couldn’t all be this cruel. And to think that I kept giving others the benefit of the doubt. I tend to give much of myself than I should which had left me to drawing back at this point in my life while assessing the situation to see if I am vibing with this person on the same wavelength; you know, if we connect.
- Make me laugh. Yes, darling. I love to laugh. Making others laugh is a trait I didn’t adopt. It just came to be because I thought I may come across as corny. Laughing is medicine. Laughing too much may have your ribs shouting at you to stop for a dang minute because it’s hurting. You don’t have to Will Smith or Jim Carrey; just let it flow out in a way only you can.
- Make each day count. Each day is a day that we all should be thankful for. I most certainly am, now more than ever. What a way to live when we can express ourselves and do what we love. You are a winner when you share kindness with others and learn something new. No day should be wasted. Instead of complaining, smile. You are alive. Instead of being negative, find something positive to lift your spirits. Be around those who can as well. It’s the best way to be.
- Last but not least, be thoughtful, leave compliments, empathetic and be romantic. Oh yes, I had to say romantic. No need to elaborate, but I will say this, winning someone’s heart should never feel like a chore. If it does feel like a chore, then something is wrong. To me, I feel that it is learning. You are learning the person. And the person should learn who you are. We have to know each other likes, dislikes, hopes, and dreams and whatever we want to share. And also, sometimes we don’t have to say it in most cases, because when you observe you are learning. You watch and see how a person reacts to something. You will know whether to not do it again or to do more. Okay, I am rambling. Lol. I’ll save this for another post.
Though I can only list five ways to win my heart with a few other things thrown in, I only touched the surface. I hope you all enjoyed today’s post. Stay tuned for the next day’s challenge. Thank you for reading. Stay safe and blessed.