Yesterday, after doing housework and online work, I sat to watch some movies, or more like browse through them. Well, I did watch a few on Netflix. There is something about movies that I find magical. The feeling of sitting down on the couch or whatever around family or friends or by yourself watching a movie is the greatest feeling ever. Yeah, I know I may sound like a dork, but this is the way I feel about since I was five-years-old watching zombies movies. Now I hate zombies movies.
Today the challenge is telling me to write about my favorite movies I never get tired of watching. There are so many to name because there are movies that I can sit down and watch no matter how many times I’ve seen them. I’ll have to warn you though, I love horror. Sorry folks, I’m not a female that will cover her face and jumps on you when I see something scary. I may get startled but I won’t get jumpy. So with that out the way, get your popcorn ready and read on to find out what my favorite movies are.
The movies I love that I can’t stop watching are:
- The Final Destination franchise.
Maybe don’t fave all of them, but I have seen all of them more than once. I can’t truly say I’ll watch them well into my golden years, but their movies really do get me to thinking about how you can be here one day and then gone the next- or the same day. And the fact that you can’t cheat death is a little over the top. I mean can you. Well, Hollywood is known to exaggerate a lot and they do which is why I used to tell my siblings when they were young and now my daughter what’s real and what’s not. What I didn’t know, I will say so and find out for myself.
- The Lion King (1994). I love this movie a lot and I don’t know how many times I’ve seen it. I love Simba and he’s so adorable, and his father, Mufasa, Mufasa, Mufasa is one heck of a lion and father. I love the storyline and how well the movie came together.
- A Stephen King movie.
I couldn’t pick which one. (Tell me your pick.) Okay, okay, I will tell you several instead of punking out. In the Tall Grass. This movie is crazy good to me. At first, I didn’t like the fact that it constantly had me thinking and playing mind-games. The second time it was better. I guess after seeing reviews of it on Youtube helps. It had twists and loops that make you feel like saying, “huh? And what just happened?” It’s still worth seeing. 1922 is a movie by King as well and both are on Netflix. I have seen it three times I believe since I found out its existence, and the fact the husband done what he did, well, he had it coming. Tales From The Darkside: The Movie, Carrie (1976), Sleepwalkers, The Dark Half, It, The Dark Tower, to name a few.
I love this movie a lot. This sci-fi/fantasy movie is one of my favorite movies in this genre. The CGI (computer-generated imagery) is off the charts and you can tell that James Cameron, the creator took his time with this movie. I had watched it about four times now, maybe more. It’s one of my favorites because I like the storyline. To imagine a world that is beyond our own and to visit there by going inside of a pod and being an avatar while being there is so conceivable. Like yes, I can imagine myself there. It seems funny, but the world, Pandora, is so beautiful until people from another world want to take it over. Anyway, it’s a movie worth watching and I may watch it more times.
- Almost any werewolf movies.
- Every since I watched Michael Jackson‘s Thriller, I’ve been hooked on werewolf movies. It’s something about seeing a person transform into a beast that has these huge sharp fangs that hunts people down and attack them. There are so many to name, but a few of my favorites are the ones from the Underworld movies franchise, and Rise of the Lycans. Then there are The Wolfman, Skinwalkers, and Dog Soldiers.
- Several Marvel movies. Aside from loving Disney so much, I am a big Marvel (MCU) fan. I love superheros from as long as I can remember. I don’t know what it is about them, I guess it’s seeing them saving people and protecting the world. We also can’t forget about the villains, because where there are superheroes, there are villains/supervillains. My favorites I can watch more than a couple of times are: Black Panther, Iron Man movies, Doctor Strange, a Hulk movie, a few Spiderman movies, Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Captain America: Civil War. I wanted to also say the last few Avengers movies, but it started getting crazy and confusing.
- A Tyler Perry’s movie– I like Tyler Perry, but some of his movies can get to be corny and too much, like the Boo! A Madea Halloween movies for instance. But, this isn’t about movies I don’t like. The movies I like by him that I can watch over and over are: A Fall of Grace– well I like the movie, but I would have to wait a minute to watch it again. Madea Family Reunion, For Colored Girls and The Family That Preys. It’s the plot of the movies that get me. It’s what’s written and the what is that get you thinking about the lives people have and others treat you no matter if it’s a different race or the same race. Some of the things that are in these movies show you what normal people go through and the things that occurred behind closed doors or not so that most people don’t want to talk about. A secretive secret that lies in the brains of most that are afraid to breathe them because of what could happen if spoken.
- Last, but not least, saving the bests for last are: Coming To America, The Barbershop franchise, Us (Honestly, I only saw this movie once and I feel like I need to watch it again to understand it more. It’s not a movie to watch once anyway. And I like movies that get my mind going.), How Stella Got Her Groove Back, Eve’s Bayou, several movies with Denzel Washington in, the Blade movies franchise, almost any movie Will Smith in except Wild Wild West (I love the music video though), Head of State, because Chris Rock and Bernie Mac are so funny. Almost any movie Martin Lawrence in that isn’t corny like Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins.
Whew! If you noticed, I had grouped the movies for a reason because it was easier for me to list them. Though a few movies aren’t necessary my favorite, it is worth watching again if I would happen to come across them. Some I didn’t mention because this post would be way too long.
What movies from these lists do you like and/or seen before? Or like to see? Is there a movie you would like to share with that is your favorite whether it is listed above or not? Tell us in the comments.
I hope you have a wonderful and bless day. Take each day one day at a time and spend it doing something you love.
Stay tuned for Day 15.