Hi, lovelies! How have your days (and nights) been treating you? I hope all is well and you are taking care of yourself and family the best you know how to do. I hate what is happening and I am trying my best not to let it get the best of me by finding other things to occupied my time when I am not working. I pray you are doing whatever you can as well.
Today’s writing challenge is about the facts. Facts about me that is. When I saw the challenge for today a few days ago, I was a bit nervous because I didn’t know what to share about myself and what not to. Then I was like, “hell, I had already mentioned some things about my childhood so I might as well prepare for the 30 facts I’m to mention.” And here we are.
- I have never been outside of my country which is the USA. Yep. I have never been to any other country. I haven’t been as far north than Virginia which is still consider the south. (I’m from South Carolina.) I haven’t been far west than Georgia. South of me, I have been to Jacksonville, Florida where my dad is from. And I have briefly been to Tampa. I want to visit Orlando because of Walt Disney World. What? Don’t judge me.
- I am an introvert. You may already know that. I like being by myself too much sometimes. I guess I have been around too many liars, schemers, cheaters, people who aggravate my nerves, etc. that I have taken a liking to my own company. I like to people-watch, more like a habit. Being around most people drain me. Sometimes I don’t like talking much either, and I’m claustrophobic.
- Spirituality isn’t something I chose, it has chosen me, and began to love it and learn it. Since I was a little girl, I would get these dreams and visions that would come to me, and then it would happen in real life. I don’t know why that is, it just is. Like for most people who have the gift or knack of tarot reading, various divination, psychic, psychic mediums, spiritual readers, and/or others that fit in that category, it is something that was given from God and the Universe. And you can use it or lose it. And some spiritual gifts are just with you and can get stronger as you get older. When you tap into it and start “working” on yourself and strengthen it, you have to study it and do these other things…it’s a post for another time. And yes, I know there are scammers and fakers out there, but I’m talking about the real deal people.
- I love creative arts as a whole. Besides writing, from whenever I have started, I used to draw. I would illustrate my drawings in the books I would write. I believe this was back when I was in the fourth grade. I am also a phenomenal dancer, but I never went out to go dancing somewhere like a club. Sewing is also something that I love doing. I plan on buying my first sewing machine this year, hopefully, and get some fabrics and such to get started making some stuff.
- I’m into the supernatural and paranormal worlds. Some things are true and real and some are far-fetched. First let me say, I don’t believe werewolves are real, but I love seeing them on television for my entertainment. Witches are real people. Vampires aren’t real to me. Though there are people I have researched who called themselves modern-day vampires. They tend to get too heavy into the practice or whatever they call it. Ghosts/spirits are real and I know that first-hand and no one can tell me otherwise, to each his own. I don’t just watch the shows and movies and read the novels, in real-life the worlds are very much real. For sure, some people will create hoaxes and will go out of their way to fool others. That’s why you have to have the ability of discernment to know what is real and what’s not. I’m also the type of person who likes getting the facts first unless I have already know what the deal is already.
- I am short. Yeah, my daughter is in the fifth grade and she is 5’4″ which makes her taller than me. Almost everyone I know is taller than me. I am above five feet though.
- I have sensitivity issues. I’m not talking about sensitive feelings. I have sensitive eyes, skin, hair, stomach, like dang. Yeah, I am working on taking care of those issues, because it can get expensive trying to find the right products for your skin that won’t break you out or cause issues with your hair. Sunlight and most other light hurt my eyes and I haven’t gotten around to getting the glasses that will protect my eyes from them.
- I hate the dark. I still sleep with a nightlight.
- I don’t care for most sports. If it’s boxing, then I will watch it.
- I am the oldest child out of four.
- I have addictions. I am addicted to being the best version of myself, thinking about the future, worrying about getting older, books, and music, and other things I don’t feel like mentioning.
- I have a habit of saying the word “seriously.” I don’t know why it just something I seriously do.
- During my first year of high school, I had gotten into trouble a lot. I had ended up following the wrong crowd, cutting class, and doing other things.
- If I would to pick a decade to be an adult in, it would be the ’80s. I was born during that time, but I sometimes wonder what it would be like to be an adult in the ’80 instead of a baby. I love the decade because of the music. It was the punk-rock era and I love rock music. The hair and style of the ’80s look weird at times, but it looks cool.
- I can’t swim. Yep, I can not swim, but I love the water though. I love visiting the ocean because of how serene and magical it is, especially when there aren’t many people there.
- If I can go back in time and change something, well, there would be a lot I would change. The world isn’t great nor perfect, but I may not change anything because what you do to in the past could alter the future. Still, I wish to go back in time and change a few things, though.
- If I could go 24 hours without doing something it would probably be sex. Lol. I said sex because I wanted to catch your eye. It was something I used to write about on my blog, and I believe it made some people uncomfortable. It was clean and more on the lines of romance and relationships, and education-type thing. Seriously, what I could live without is social media/news, anything of that nature. It’s something I could cleanse myself from, and do without for a while.
- My favorite ice cream is chocolate chip cookie dough.
- I am a weird person. Yeah, I have accepted the fact that I am weird. I’ll tell you another time why I am.
- What catches and will make me pause about a person’s face is their eyes. I love looking at a person’s eyes. I try not to let anyone see me gazing at their eyes. There are many reasons why, and talking about it needs its own post.
- My alcoholic drink of choice is vodka and wine. I don’t like beer unless it’s a Corona, and I dislike rum, gin, brandy, etc.
- I mostly listen to jazz music and old-school R&B. Slow jazz is my absolute favorite because it’s relaxing and set the tone. I love other music like, reggae, calypso, old school hip-hop, Pop, R&B in general, dance-hall, folk music, and others.
- I hate popping noises. When I was a kid, my cousins used to scare me by popping balloons right by my ear. Since then, I can’t stand the noise.
- I stopped drinking sodas four years ago. It was for health reasons.
- I am a neat freak and perfectionist.
- Guys that talk about their past a lot like past relationships really gets on my nerves. I have had a few who had talked me to death about their past relationships. It’s draining and it’s a no-no. It’s disrespectful to want to date someone or is dating someone and you constantly yapping about an ex or two. It is also annoying. I would hear about the first time to find out what I am dealing with, but I don’t like it when they keep doing that. You have to teach people how to treat you.
- I don’t smoke. I never tried it and never care to do so.
- I have been called nerdy. Not because I look like one because I wear glasses. I just like sci-fi stuff. Most science isn’t fiction or made-up. I love science and believe sci-fi should be called sci-fa for science fact. Studying quantum physics is a must for me. I don’t know a lot about it, so I want to study what I don’t know or don’t much about. Other things qualifies me as a nerd too, I suppose.
- I love astrology. I like to study the stars, planets and the entire galaxy. I have downloaded Google Earth on my laptop and have called myself studying the planets that were on there. It may be a few years out-dated, but I had fun looking around on Earth, zooming into the sky and seeing the many planets, stars and such. I have even found the star for Aries. I have visited the Moon and Mars on Google Earth. It’s quite something. I just wished I had better technology. I want to own a telescope one day.
- I have a clear vision for my future. I don’t mean that spiritually. I don’t like planning anything too much because if it doesn’t go to plan, I will get disappointed. I know what I want to do with my life for the next so years, but you know life. It always got a way of doing things that you may not agree with. I know what I want career wise and how I want my life to go. I wish to make the money I want to make and have love find me. And I’m talking about unconditional love, real and true. I have other plans for my future.
This is it for the facts about me. I hope you all have enjoyed reading about and getting to know me. That wasn’t even all. Thank you for doing that. I hope to get to know more about you as well soon. I hope you have a joyous and blessed day.
Stay safe and protected. Chat with you soon. Muah!
Stay tuned for Day 18.