Happy Easter to everyone! I hope you all are doing well regardless of what’s going on in the world. You don’t need me tell you the same things a lot of people are already saying like remember to wash your hands and stay home. No, I’m not going to be a repeater, but what I will say is to take each day one at a time. Do what you can and how you can to take care of yourself and your family.
Today’s challenge is to write about the five blessings in my life. This is easy compared to the last few days. When I first heard about the coronavirus and the fact that people was affected by it and some had lost their life, I felt like d**n, this is bad. It started going from bad to worst. The fact that everyone have to stay home except for essential workers and those who have to leave their homes to go to the grocery store and pharmacy, I first felt like staying home may be hard to do. Then I thought, wait a minute. I’ve been doing this all the years before. Before it seems like I didn’t leave the house unless it was to the grocery store or the doctor, now it just heightened for me. But now as the world is on lock-down, I sitting here thinking about what is going on the world and having to write about my blessings. Though there are several things that are blessings to me, I can only name five.
- My immediate family. It is a blessings to have my child near me and seeing her everyday, though I miss my mom and siblings. Hearing their voices on the phone is one thing, but not being able so their faces is hard. But, I remind myself that their was times that I haven’t seen them for several months. I know that someday soon we would see one another again.
- Waking up each day. It is truly a blessing to open my eyes each day and being able to get a chance at life. I try not to complain because there are people out there who don’t get this luxury.
- Employment. There was a time when I didn’t have any money at all and worry about paying food and such. And then when I did, it went into bills and food. So, I had to be thankful for something. I may not like the place I am living in, but I have a roof over my head. I know that if a change my way of thinking, I can change my life. And I did. It is something I am currently working on.
- Challenges. If it wasn’t for challenges, I wouldn’t be the person that I am today.
- Writing/Blogging. I love being able to articulate my words through blogging and being able to share with others my thoughts and the stories I write.
What are some of your blessings in your life you would like to share?
Thank you for reading and I hope you all have a wonderful and bless day. Stay tuned for Day 13.