It can teach us a lesson. And, it can paralyze us if we allow it.
I prefer that we acknowledge our fears and learn from them.
In today’s writing challenge I want to share five fears of mine. Yes, I said five, and I had to go deep into the recesses of my brain to recalled them. As I collected them, I realized the weird, profound fears I’ve tried so hard to bank- in the dark. So, here go:
- Future- I am afraid of the future. I fear not knowing what it may bring and if I will be prepare for it.
- Rejection- Whenever I work up the nerve to send something off: letter, email, or an application, no matter how much effort I put into it I won’t send it. Rejection has been one of my major fears and it had a setback in my life. Sometimes, I can’t move forward because I’m afraid of someone rejecting me for a job or anything. I feel like it saves me the heartache.
- Enclosed spaces- I am too afraid of being closed up in tight spaces. I don’t even want to think about it right now.
- Public speaking- I fear this so much that I actually get choke up. The thing is I have a speech impairment. As a child I used to stutter. It was awful and I was teased a lot. I also speak faster than I should. My childhood had consisted of speech therapy after another and more bullying. It had helped to the point I no longer stuttered but I now have a lazy tongue. Yeah, that’s the sad truth. So, public speaking is out of the question. No one would understand what I’m saying. Besides, I’m working on enunciating my words properly, slowly down when talking with my lazy tongue.
- Love- Yes, I do fear it. If you have figured me out by reading my posts, then you may understand why. I really don’t want to dwell for you get the point. Love has given me many reasons why I should. Yet, I like to see love in others, I just fear love for myself.
this concludes today’s challenge. You have gotten a glance into my weirdness. Stay tuned for more. I can only imagine what’s next.